Monday, August 06, 2007

poem

mark chua has inspired me to write this tonight while i'm feeling philosophical and Robert Frost - esque

the train journey stretches ever longer
along the track to nowhere
as i stare out the windows over yonder
i see nothing at all there

the train chugs along the track
leaving a trail of smoke in its wake
clickety clack, clickety clack
you wonder if it'll ever brake

but then i squint in the distance
i see a speck of light just far away
it breaks me out of my eternal trance
that takes me through every single day

i wonder to myself, is that the sun rising?
but it's so late into the night
it appears to be growing, brightening
and i stare straight into its light

the train continues on, oblivious
to the strange sight outside the window
but i'm sure even the religiously pious
are unable to ignore the glow

i know what it means to me
and what i must do to succeed
but as i move on past every tree,
my pleas, the light does not heed

now the light is gone from sight
and no sign of it remains
but it's stuck in my mind, shining so bright
and like the sun, it never wanes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home